Good Evening,
That was fun! It appears the bands are getting slightly better. Either that or the heat has effected my hearing! During the first net I was going a little dingy from the heat. Good thing they over designed the heat sink on the K2/100 since mine was getting quite warm. I had the windows shut so I could keep out the heat. However, the temperature in the shack was over 90 degrees F. I tried a towel under my sending arm which seemed to help but should have drunk a few more water. Before the second net I drank three liters worth and felt much better. We had a good mix of new check ins and returning guests today. That always makes for a fun net. Digging the information out of the QSB and QRN is either simple or quite tough depending upon where you are in the QSB cycle. Repetition is appreciated very much. It allows me to assure myself I got it correct the first time. I do ask for confirmations but when you send a string of the same SN I rarely need fills. Reports from around the continent showed the folks on the West Coast had it pretty hot today. There were no check ins from NM or AZ but I am positive they were experiencing more heat than us. However, I measure 75% humidity around 2 PM. That must be some kind of record for Oregon. I had never seen it reach much beyond 40% before. Growing up in Wisconsin and then living down in Houston I know the subtle (?) difference between 95 and 100% humidity! After living in Albuquerque I learned to enjoy when the humidity rose to double digits ;) Welcome to all the new comers and welcome back to those who have visited with us before. I enjoy each exchange as much as the next one. Running ECN twice each Sunday makes me feel good for quite a few days afterward. It is nice to hear you relate your camping expeditions, your hikes across town for ice cream, or simply to get a weather report from distant Georgia. When the solar cycle starts its way back up I am sure the locations will grow even more exotic. Say: Scotland, Wales, Turkey, etc?
   On to the lists =>

On 14050 kHz at 2258z:
K4JPN - Steve - GA - K2 - 1422
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008 QNI #155!! If Pat were around she'd craft a certificate for you :)
AB9V - Mike - IN - KX1 - 718
WA4MQW - Bob - NC - KX1 - 1466
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
N4OGW - Tor - MS - K2 - 3134
K2HYD - Ray - VA - KX1 - 608
N0BK - Bruce - MN - K2 - 3646
VE3XL - Ric - ON - K1 - 968   QNI #110!!  She'd make one for you too ;)
KE5IEF - Ralph - OK
ZL2DF/W7 - Nigel - WA - ?
K6DGW - Fred - CA - K2 - 4398
VE7OM - Ralph - BC - KX1 - 2151
K1EV - Bill - CT - K2 - 2152
NN8K - Sonny - WV - K1 - 380

On 7045 kHz at 0200z:
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008
KL7V/5 - Sam - OK - K2 - 3158
K1EV - Bill - CT - K2 - 2152
N0BK - Bruce - MN - K2 - 3646
ZL2DF/W7 - Nigel - WA - ?
KB3EOF - Sandy - MD - K1 - 0904
NN8K - Sonny - WV - K1 - 380
K6DBG - Chris - CA - K2 - 3641
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031 QNI #125!! Don't think Ms. P would leave you out!
WI6O - John - CA - K1 - 922

As always if there are any errors or additions to the above information please send it to me and I will correct the database. I hope we were able to contact all of the folks trying to check in. I know I missed one or two and Tom mentioned at least one he could not pick up. Hopefully between the two of us we got you all. Remember: don't hesitate to relay stations into the NCS of the moment or even ask to be NCS yourself. It is not difficult though it can get a little hectic when the conditions are good. Occasionally there is a wall of sound where I cannot pick out a single character. At that point I just sit back for a moment and then try again. Folks spread out a bit and I work them in the order I copy them.
   Until next week try to stay cool,
      73,
         Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)