HP-35!  Hah. Came out my second year in college. $400. The rich kids got them.
That's over $2k in 2021 dollars. I had to keep stroking my slide rule for
another year until the Ti SR50 came out.  I waited in line with a bunch of
other nerds at the doors of Macy's (!) when they had a sale on them...around
$125 IIRC.  The doors opened and we all rushed the counter...probably 35+ of
us.  I don't know if everybody got one but I did. That thing lasted me well
through graduate school and my first few jobs.

   On Monday, April 26, 2021, 9:34:45 AM MDT, SteveL <lawr...@woh.rr.com>