-------- Original message --------From: Frederick Dwight <kl...@mtaonline.net>
Date: 02/05/2021  05:08  (GMT+00:00) To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net Subject:
[Elecraft] k3 STEPPIR 6Meters Sent from Mail for Windows 10If you do not have
the added 6 meter element it should be a worthwhile addition.  I think it makes
the 3 element antenna a 4 element antenna on 6 meters and greatly improves the
F/B ratio and adds a small gain.  I have not added thisto my Yagi, since I
seldom have operated on 6 meters, but it looks like it may be possible to add
it to the boomfrom the top of the tower without much trouble since it is not
too far out from the mast.  At one time I think the costwas less than $100, but
probably you could build your own element if you have aluminum scrap antennas.
      Just an idea, since every dB helps.          Rick
http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htmPost: mailto:elecr...@mailman.qth.netThis list
hosted by: http://www.qsl.netPlease help support this email list:
http://www.qsl.net/donate.htmlMessage delivered to turnb...@net1.ie