From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Joe Subich, W4TV
Sent: Sunday, May 2, 2021 7:42 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] k3 STEPPIR 6Meters

On 2021-05-02 3:59 AM, turnbull wrote:> Dear OMs and YLs,I believe if you
check online there is a
> modification to mounting the additional parasitic element possibly
> even adding yet another which is supposed to greatly improve the three
> element SteppIR six meter performance over that of the three element
> with the single parasitic element.
That modification is by GM3SEK (about 2015).  I believe is was in one of the
UK publications.  In any case, Doug is correct, the modification adds both a
director and reflector turning the 3 element SteppIR into a proper four
element yagi on a 12.5 foot boom.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

delivered to b...@wjschmidt.com