Hi,

I use the  M22759 series for everything I build both at my home shop and lab at
work, a large defense related company.
It's inexpensive and Teflon insulation.
I bought 2000 ft of #18 last week for work and it's right at 12 cents a foot.
It doesn't melt when you solder to it and is easy to work with.
The 22 AWG  I normally buy is 3 cents a foot.
We buy from Wiremasters south of Nashville in Columbia TN.
$50 minimum order but no minimum on wire lengths. So you could buy as many feet
of each gauge and color as you would like.
Normally for home use I buy a thousand feet of a size/color at a time.
When I started my work was buying the wire from Digi-Key and it was $60 for 100
ft spool. They no longer do and didn't know about other supplier.
I can connect anyone interested with the rep there I use.

Chris
KD4PBJ
Monteagle TN