John - surprisingly, I’m glad to hear that! I just moved into a third floor
apartment and have been struggling to get a stealth antenna put up so I can
check into the nets. Today I cobbled together my new Buddistick vertical on the
balcony railing, got the battery charged up in my IC-705 and tuned to 14.050 to
hear……nothing. Thought maybe it was conditions or just my crappy antenna
situation. Now, maybe not!

I’ll give the 40 meter net a try if we’re here at the right time, although my
single radial wire is really short for 40 meters.

73, Jim / K7YXA
Eagle, ID