Good Evening,

   It began to feel like autumn this week.  Grasses are drying out and turning brown.  I saw a family group of elk at the end of Buxton Lookout Road.  Their backs and sides were a close match to the grass they were in.  They watched me then started to cross the road.  I turned around and they crossed the road again.  Gave me plenty of time to count them all.  One bull in velvet, ten cows, and five young ones.  I don't think I have seen an elk in velvet before.  His growing antlers were less than three feet long.  The various tips were bumps along the way.

   The sun is growing more active.  There have been a number of large flares on the back side.  In about a week that area will be aimed in our direction.  The side facing us has four areas of activity, one of them may send something this way a little sooner.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
  7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

   73,
      Kevin. KD5ONS

-

Das Leben ist viel zu kurz um schlechten Wein zu trinken.