Well said Dave

I am a rig tragic like you and many others.

I have always got to buy and try all the newest rigs and then move them on
if I am not that smitten.

My current rigs/keepers are a K3 (2008 vintage), TS890, Omni 6+, Orion 2
(three of those !), SunSDR2DX.

Been and gone rigs include the IC7851, IC7610, TS990 (only because it got
too heavy for me so I got the TS890), MB1, Flex 6600M and a number of
others.

I have not yet succumbed to the FTDX101 or the FTDX10 but may give one or
the other a try. However, one of my main requirements is good quiet QSK so
I am not sure that the Yaesu is suitable and the bandscope strikes me as
horrible.

I too have had a no deposit K4D on order for about two years. I intend to
just let the order sit there and see if anything eventually happens and if
it does I expect I will buy it !!

Barry  VK2BJ