Try the Vibroplex Code-Mite, looks like a toy but it's not, it's a nice solid little key. 73 de NS6Y. Alex.

On Jul 28, 2006, at 10:50 AM, David Pratt wrote:

In a recent message, Tom Althoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote ...
I connected a diode in series with the tip and a diode in series with the ring across the paddle mini-plug and out to my sparkless Navy straight key.

So can send with the paddle and the straight key just by moving my hand from device to the other.

I am pleased to learn that you have had success in doing this, Tom. I am afraid that in trying to do this I get alternate dots and dashes occasionally when pressing the straight key. Following suggestions on here, I have even tried using matched Schottky diodes but still get the trouble. I find that the only sure way of sending using the straight key is to change the menu to InP HAnd

73 de David G4DMP