FAA-licensed? I'd request a new letter with FCC-licensed.

Dennis NJ6G

On 6/28/2021 12:27, jerry wrote:
All,

  Just had to share this snippet from a recent letter I received from my HOA:

"Dear Homeowner:

  Your architectural plans, to install a vertical antenna for
Amateur Radio, approx 25 feet tall, mounted on existing pool solar heating array, on a hill behind the house.  Used for FAA-licensed amateur radio activities.  This antenna predates the formation of the HOA [...].   Your plans have been approved...."

   The secret?  The Board has the power to approve pretty much anything, regardless of the CC&Rs.  And I'm on the Board.  I'm also on the architecture commmittee.

  When I moved here in 2011, there was no HOA.  But it was in the deed.  When the HOA was formed, I ran for the Board, got elected ( not much competition ), and made d*mn sure I was on the architecture committee.

             - Jerry KF6VB