Don,

I took your advice and crushed those two relays. Even doing that, it was tough enough to get both relays out and clean out the solder pad holes. It's done and the K2 is ready for me to pop in two new relays. I even used a couple toothpicks in the process. I confirmed the stenciled outlines were correct on the PCB. I've been on the Elecraft site and I've got my shopping cart ready with those relays plus a few other spare parts.

I powered up the K2 with the two missing relays. Of course, 80 and 40 metres don't work as expected. But every band from 30 to 10 metres seems to be working perfectly now in both receive and transmit. I've never been so happy to hear QRM and band noise. The DX is rolling in. The trimmer caps work just as they are supposed to in the bandpass filters for 20, 17 and 12 metres.

A side benefit is I sure know the K2 circuits better now than I did a few days ago after all the time I spent studying the schematics.

I will push on building the various accessories I have while I wait for my order to arrive from Elecraft so I can complete the K2 build.

73,
Murray VA1CQ

https://www.avg.com