I have been operating for 2 or 3 years with a KX3/PX3 combination, with the
KXPA100 amplifier to bump my signal up when I need it. It works remarkably
well, far superior to my venerable old Icom 746 Pro. I have a Yaesu FT-101
that needs a little work, but it's still an old favorite.

The KX3 lends itself best to my needs, as I can mount it to my "shack
stack" next to my recliner, but run it from my PC using WIN4K3SUITE. That
way, I don't have to twist my neck at a painful angle, something I need to
operate at all. (I broke my neck in 2006.)

I can take it into the field if I need to, but I have other radios that
work well enough and aren't as expensive to fix or replace. So I keep my
KX3 indoors most of the time.

It's a solid performer, and I'm glad I invested in it.

73,
Gwen, NG3P