>>Jim, K9YC posted:
>>"I have one of these PSUs, but haven't tried to choke it."

And this was an engineering decision with the Kx33: incorporate a large choke inside the PS case and make it much larger and more expensive for the small percentage of people who might need it or keep it small and within the commonly available case offered by the factory to keep the price down.

I include a Fair-Rite 0431167281 Snap-It with each Kx33 for those who may be doing what Jim says.  I have found 3-4 turns of the DC cable through that core will silence it in TX mode.  I also include a manual with a shout-out to Jim's fantastic research on Common-Mode chokes, which is really important when portable and using sub-optimally balanced antenna systems.  For those who are not familiar with Jim's work, here is a link: http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf <http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf>

Cheers & 73,
Howie / WA4PSC
proaudioeng.com