Good Evening,

   With three days of data I have found forty meters wakes up a little before 2200z.  It improves steadily for the next few hours.  I copied stations from VE2, VE4, W6, K1, N2, A8, KF9, WA0, KB3, K4, W6, and K7 lands.  Then, right at local sunset, the QSB appeared.  A little warble at first, then enough to chop characters.  Earlier I ran into a few stations which I thought had QSB on them.  With further reflection, and a bit more listening, I found their CW signals had particular characteristics unique to the rig.  The variety of fists sending from a range of sending devices made picking individuals out of the crowd rather easy.

  I will run the 20 meter net at 2300z and the 40 meter net will start at 0030z.  However, I will start guarding the net frequency by 0015z.  If there are a lot of check ins the sunset QSB will take effect.  Near the solstice we should be at 0000z or earlier for best results.  The sun is waking up so this all can change quickly.  Tomorrow and Saturday I will check propagation again. If anything changes I will note it in the net announcement.  For now:

 14050 kHz at 2300z Sunday  (3 PM PST Sunday)
  7047 kHz at 0030z Monday  (4:30 PM PST Sunday)     with me on by 0015z

   73,

      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-