I also had RF problems with the CM-500 plugged into the rear mic jack.  The
solution I’ve implemented so far was to wrap about 13 turns of the CM-500’s
cord around a #31 toroid. It both shortened the cord which was way too long for
my shack and eliminated the RF problem. A two-for-one solution. ;-)

On rare occasions I like to use my D-104 mic in the front panel jack.  It too
is adversely affected with RF issues.  As soon as I get a moment I’m going to
try wrapping it’s cord around a #31 toroid and hope it works as well there as
with the CM-500.

I hope Elecraft is looking at the front panel mic jack as well as the rear when
looking at solving the RF issue.

73,
Dave - N5DCH