I have had two cable failures, both happening inside the side with the microphone. While it's not initially obvious, you can pull the earpad back far enough to get at the three small screws that hold the back part of the headphone on.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.