Just bought a K1..an oldie but a goodie, I guess.

NB board and 2 bands board (20/40) No tuner.

So, just playing around, getting familiarized with this new-to-me little rig
before transmitting or hooking it up to a real antenna and I notice:

on 20m:  it tunes from 13.974MHz - 14.063MHz

and on it tunes from 40m from 6.980MHz-7.068MHz

When I transmit on a nearby rig or compare frequencies to DX cluster spots,
just using a chunk of wire for an antenna, and listen for the various
stations it looks like the VFO is reading pretty much bang on.

So, is this a matter of incorrect components installed or a poor alignment
or the (re)seller messing with the "CAL" in the menu or ??

I don't really want to mess with it too much, but I am missing 20-25kHz of
usable bandwidth on each band. (seems like I have about 88kHz of tuning
range, but 20-26kHz of it is below the bands---oof !)

Ideas?

TIA !

73 Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey