From: Mike Smith VE9AA [mailto:ve...@nbnet.nb.ca]
Sent: December 4, 2021 2:02 PM
To: 'd...@w3fpr.com'; 'Elecraft@mailman.qth.net'
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Elecraft K1 VFO reading

As a follow up to Don's great advice, I had a few spare moments today while I
was relaxing from some physical labour so decided to crack open the wee little
K1 and take his advice.

I compressed the turns on L1 (whoa, is it ever finicky!) but after some playing
around my tuning is now:

20m- - -13.918MHz - 14.0796MHz
40m - - - 6.978MHz  - 7.0858 MHz

I seem to have a little more than the spec'd 80kHz of tuning range, but not as
much as the 150kHz of some kits.  I have no history on this thing, but it's all
good.
I am very happy with these results.  As long as it won't drift above the lower
band edge on 40m once it's warmed up, I think I am going to just leave it be
for now.

Thanks Don !

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey