Because it’s old is no guarantee it’s gone. I have numerous through hole
semiconductors dating back to early ‘90s designs that are still available.
Making the blanket statement that it can’t be produced because components must
have EOL is meaningless. If that parts had significant usage, they very likely
still exist. Even if not, small qtys, say <50 can be found from brokers.

73,
Josh W6XU

Sent from my iPad