I need advice for getting N1MM+ to play well with a K2.  I have tried it
with two different K2 rigs:  a K2 with a KIO2, and a different K2-100 with
the built in IO.  Same problem.  The K2 Port parameter is set to ON and N1MM
tracks the RX frequency, so I know the rig and the computer are
communicating.  But a keyboard command from N1MM to the rig returns the
error message --  "Unable to send this CW because there is no CW Port set in
Config."

But the CW box in the N1MM configuration screen IS checked, and "set," and
config is: 4800 N 8 1 DTR and RTS Always On (and every other possible
combination thereof); Radio on Nr 1, and PTT via radio command mode CW.  I
have also tried every possible permutation of KIO2 and KUSB cables, on both
rigs, in case of a badness there.  No change.  Same problem every time.

I know that when using my K3 with N1MM it's necessary to have the K3's menu
settings for DTR and RTS set properly to CW to match the settings in N1MM .
. . but I have found no such option in the K2 menus.  I have also read that
it can be done using a W1EL keyer, but having outboard dongles sort of
defeats my purpose.

Can it be done with just the K2/KIO2, a KUSB cable, and an ordinary
computer?

Thanks, anyone.

Ted, KN1CBR