I heard that one of the major competitors is working on TSFoldDX mode.

They fold space and time so that you can just talk to the DX face to
face and hand the QSL card over in person.  Sadly, that was put on hold
due to Covid concerns.

They had it working briefly about 10 years ago, but the development of
the pocket Nuclear power pack is a bit of an issue since the Fukushima
problem.  Caused incidentally by another unexpected aspect of folding
time and space from a planet based point of view!  (But you didn't hear
that from me!...)

Seasons Greetings, Happy New Year etc, and GD DX to All.  (Though we
might be swiped by another solar event today, wrecking the ionosphere
for some, but causing some nice lights in the sky for others perhaps.)

73.

Dave G8KBV

KX3 #4208

PS:    As I believe the K4 uses a Linux based embedded computer.  The
options for remote control are many and vast.  Some even will work with
a Windows based client.

I've not even seen a K4 let alone got hands on one, but if not already
present (I could not see reference of such in the preliminary user or
remote software control manuals) it should not be beyond possible to
have a small web server built into it's system with proper security
features (certificate based authentication and encryption) that you
could connect to with any existing web browser to gain a full and secure
virtual front panel remotely.

Or, a "K4Remote" tool, written in Java (or other cross platform
environment) that would run on Windows, Mac or other Linux machines, to
connect to your K4, and provide a full remote front panel and audio etc.

The difficulty with all of them is not the remote control, or front
panel updates, but passing audio and other time critical data (CW key
etc) with minimum latency.

73.

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source
software: