Good Evening,

   The last two weeks here have been dominated by snow of many different types.  The Inuit languages have over twenty words for snow.  I think that is rather sparse.  English uses modifiers independent of the root word snow.  It requires a phrase for what can be stated with a single word in Inuit.  I dug a little deeper and found a culture very familiar with living in and around snow. The Sami people of Lapland have approximately 200 words to describe snow and ice.  That may be a little excessive :)

   The sun was weaker early in the week.  Now it has a large sunspot group growing on the near side, with more active groups on the far side.  Flux had dropped to near 80, currently it is over 100 again.  Bright aurora forecast noise and QSB.  It may be interesting.  Stronger signals with louder noise.  But you never know what will happen until you call CQ.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2300z Sunday  (3 PM PST Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 0030z Monday  (4:30 PM PST Sunday)

   73,
      Kevin. KD5ONS

-

My time in academia has taught me if you torture data long enough it will confess to anything.