Good Evening,

   I spent some time cutting salvaged antennas into 1/4 wavelength segments.  Then I hiked them through brambles, bushes, dead ferns, and branches.  Currently 20 of them are in place.  I have a few more segments left to fill any gaps with one left over for the radiator.  Snow, earlier in the winter, pruned the trees of needles, small branches, larger branches, and occasionally the entire trunk.  I routed the radials over and through all of this. Soon I will have a 1/4 wave vertical over a ground plane.

   The sun has been very active this week.  A large flare blasted from the back of the sun.  That area will soon be pointed in our direction.  At the moment we are in a solar stream.  I tried the SDR at http://69.27.184.62:8901.  My new speakers let me hear more stations simultaneously.  The solar wind is causing some hiss but the contesters on 80 and 40 are easy copy from Half Moon Bay in California.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2300z Sunday  (3 PM PST Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 0030z Monday  (4:30 PM PST Sunday)

   73,
      Kevin. KD5ONS

-