The only way to really know for sure is to have a NIST traceable calibrated
wattmeter and have it calibrated on a regular basis. Hams are generally too
cheap to do that. The LP100 does come calibrated, so that would be my go to
reference, but I'll bet Hams will hardly ever get the calibration checked
after purchase. I could not find how much they charge for that service.
Even that is only calibrated to 5% with 3% typical. So, if you off 5W while
measuring 100W, who knows, it might be just the calibration error.

73,

Mark
W7MLG