I will test port 9200 then.

Security on the network does not work very well at all, and telnet is no longer installed as it is a security issue to use it. The tradition of opening ports through firewall/NAT will leave a port open with no security. For that SSH or TLS is the way to go these days. It's just they way Internet security works these days, and we have to follow suit.

One could argue that a VPN would be a solution, but then real time performance may or may not perform well rather than having control over that oneself to make sure the implementation works well.

Cheers,
Magnus

On 2022-02-09 09:00, Henk Remijn PA5KT via Elecraft wrote:
The K4 is accessible through telnet on port 9200.

No security.

It is always a good idea to have security but I would prefer to have the telnet without security and put the security in the network.

Make sure you have a good firewall between the internet and your radio equipment. Dont trust your internet provider. Always put a firewall between your internetprovider firewall/router en your home network.

73 Henk PA5KT