As always, RTFM. The primary of the power transformer has three taps, intended to accommodate the wide range of AC power that each of us has, and the manual describes how to change those taps. It sounds like you need to change yours. As does Bill, K9HZ/J68HZ/six other DX calls (who I worked today on 10M in ARRL SSB DX), although he's in denial.

The change involves choosing which of three colored wires is attached to a terminal strip, accessible by removing the top cover. RTFM, RTFM, RTFM.

73, Jim K9YC

Jim:

Not only did I RTFM, I built the amp in kit form.  So, I did set the taps as
you describe (if memory serves, I used the middle tap which gave me the proper
setting according to the manual).

Having resolved that, do you (or anyone else) have any other suggestions?

73 de Bernie, KF0QS