m;

What happens when you disconnect the AuxIO cable from the K3 to the KPA? The
other solution is to switch the RADIO setting of the KPA from K3 to something
else, either Serial or Analog. If nothing is connected to the analog band input
with RADIO = ANALOG, the KPA should work as usual. Likewise if nothing is
connected to the “Radio” serial port with RADIO=“SERIAL” then it should work
just fine, but no automatic band selection will occur.

It sounds like the K3 is overriding the front panel selection, keeping the
KPA’s low pass filters on a band that is not the one you desire for the IC-705.

Let me know if this helps.

73m,
Jack, W6FB