Chuck,

Just gave it a try. No joy, same result - lowered rx signal strength on the
IC-705.  Jack indicated that the K3 sets the Vcc rail to zero volts on power
off, and that is causing the amp to go into Operate mode.

I see the following options -

1. Always put the K3 on the same band as the IC-705 if I want to run QRO with
the 705.

2. Never use the 705 in QRO mode.

3. Disconnect the K3 from the system, sell it, wait for the K4D to be
delivered, and use the 705 all by itself with the amp and tuner in the mean
time.

Option #1 works but is a minor PITA. Option #2 - maybe. Option #3 - probably
the choice to make, as the K3/P3 was going to be sold anyway, in anticipation
of the K4D arrival. Just hoping I’ll live long enough to see the new radio
delivered.

Oh well, nothing in life is simple. At least I’ve got options and am able to
get on the air. :-)