>  I fail to understand

Apologies for getting off topic on a thread about our opinions of shipping
carriers and their prices but I have an Elecraft related question.

Got a note from Elecraft last Friday saying the KX2 ordered on Jan 1 is
ready to ship. Years ago I used a KX1 (sold, sadly!) with binding posts at
the transceiver feeding a radiator plus 2 or 3 counterpoise wires, with
some success. However, much of my KX2 use will be in the shack, where I'd
like to run coax to outside of the house before hitting the feedpoint -
figuring the radiator wouldn't do much good running mostly inside the
house. I'm thinking an end fed wire half wave with appropriate balun could
be good, as long as the radiator is outside the house. What would be an
appropriate configuration for the coax-to-radiator transition, or for this
setup in general? Looking to operate primarily on 40 meter CW. Suggestions
welcome.

Thanks & 73,
Andrew NV1B
..