I have used Elecraft service twice for my KPA1500.  Once for the finals and
associated
circuitry and recently for the power supply all covered under warrenty.
Probably about 4
weeks turnaround at the factory which included about a week for 'burn-in' to
make sure the
amplifier would perform once back at my qth.

My emails and phone calls were answered relatively promptly and the proceedures
given to
me allowed me to determine (with 95% chance of being correct) that I had only
to send in the
power supply which was accurate.

My recent experience was that it did take a long time sitting on the shelf at
Elecraft for a
couple of months before reaching the bench.  But I emailed every 2 weeks or so
and was told
how many were ahead (and that there was some sort of non-covid flu working
through the
employees.... and since it was only the amplifier that was out of commission, I
managed to
relearn a lot about chasing dx using a max of 100 watts!

This time the power supply failure was out of warrenty, but the failure was
considered a
manufacturing defect (bad crimp)...so my only expense was the shipping to
California.

That is what I call great customer service...even with the long wait (2 and
half months).

I have heard of service from other companies where the device was returned
either no fixed,
or additional problems created...

Bruce, WA3AFS