....and I have an Ebay special GPSDO, which is ridiculously accurate. But I
don't know how pure it is.

                 - Jerry KF6VB

On 2022-06-07 17:14, Wes wrote:
Sure, but how do you quantify the "relatively pure" source if you
build one?  Typically you want it to be 10 dB better than what you are
measuring (or the measuring instrument).

The other option is a commercial source with published specs.  For
example I have an ebay special Morion MV89 10 MHz OCXO that is
specified at -150 dBc/Hz at 1 kHz offset, which is way better than you
could measure with a spectrum analyzer technique.

Wes  N7WS