From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of David Gilbert
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 10:47 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [POSSIBLE SPAM] Common K3 failure modes???

I have also.  The K3IO module is pretty fragile, it seems.  Of all the requests
I've seen here on the reflector over the years for a replacement item, the K3IO
tops the list from my memory ... you can't just buy a replacement from Mouser
or Digi-Key like you can the input diodes.  And when it goes bad, the K3
becomes essentially useless for contesting.

I keep saying that Elecraft should pass on the PC board artwork and component
specs (I assume that not all of them are standard devices) for key discontinued
modules to someone who might be interested in offering replacement as a 3rd
party.  It's one of my key gripes with Elecraft that they seem to have no
interest in doing so.

Dave   AB7E