Sorry to hear about your experience with LiFePO4 batteries, Al.

Fortunately we have not (to the best of my knowledge) had any such issues with
the Li-ion battery pack we offer (11 V, 2.5 Ah). I have three KXBT2 packs that
have been in more or less continuous use since 2015. They've been charged
hundreds of times, and seem to have not lost significant capacity. We tested
the heck out of these to make sure they were safe, too.

73,
Wayne
N6KR