I’m with Jim on this one. I particularly like that they are hermaphroditic, so
I can not worry about which end is providing the current. Helps with battery
charging for example.

The only failures I have had is when the metal “pins” are not fully inserted in
the shell. (The curve at the end of the pin needs to go completely over the
spring in the shell.) If not fully inserted, the connectors don’t firmly
connect and become unreliable. They also disconnect easily.

I can imagine that if you hot plug them enough, you can erode the connectors
from the DC arc, producing unreliability. Note that the manufacturer
specifically says not to hot plug them.

73 Bill AE6JV