On 9/29/2022 11:12 AM, Fred Jensen wrote:

Someone has called the sheriff on me twice while set up on a park bench with my Alexloop.  I suspect the AX1, with or without a counterpoise, would be less likely to provoke someone to do that.  One woman approached me and asked me if I was the CIA.

I'm most likely to draw questions at Mormon Station SP in Genoa, Nevada. The park staff all recognize me and always ask if I'm catching any fish. It doesn't seem to matter to them which antenna I use.

I have been asked if I'm tracking animals when I have the magloop deployed. I generally answer, "Kinda... Haminals... that is..."

-=d

--
David Thompson, AG7TX
Jack of All Trades