> I've built a bunch of kits over the years and the following technique
works
> very well for me and keeps me from messing up...it is a bit labor
intensive
> but it has proved to be foolproof for me (me being the fool or course:)

> I get sheet of legal size paper and write down the numbers of the
> components.i.e., R1, R2, C1 C2, etc, I do all the resistors and then the
> capacitors.

> I tape all the resistors and caps next to their designator on the paper.

Just to keep the universe in balance let me suggest the complete opposite
technique: I separate the parts by type (resistors, capacitors, diodes,
etc.). I don't do an inventory (Christine usually does a really, really good
job) but I do make sure I have the right part in my hand before soldering.
While I've messed up some other things (put a electrolytic cap in backwards
but fortunately none of the smoke got out) I haven't had a problem with this
method. To each his own, of course. IMHO, YMMV, etc.

Craig
NZ0R
K1 #1966
K2/100 #4941