Craig,

While this method works, it is not the best advice for those who do not have
a few K2 assembly experiences under their belt.

I would like to resurrect a favorite method of sorting parts that I use (I
believe there are photos on Tom Hammond's website www.n0ss.net ).  I cut a
corrugated box in half (the USPS Priority Mail boxes work great to create 2
'trays'.  The leaded components are placed (in value order) into the open
end of the corrugations.  This enables me to quickly locate any component
and quickly mount it - the misc hardware and oddball components just lay in
the center of the tray.  I line up the capacitors on the left side of the
tray and the diodes, inductors and misc leaded components on the right -
larger values toward the rear of the tray.  This is a method that was
advocated with the old Heathkit instructions, and I find it much more useful
than putting the components in bins or taping them to a sheet of paper, but
then Your Mileage May Vary - organize the components in ny way that you can
easily access them when needed, that is more important than the precise
method of accomplishing that goal.

Fortunately, the base K2 now packages the resistors in assembly step order
on a strip, so you do not have to sort the resistors as we did in the
earlier days.

73,
Don W3FPR