This is a good excuse to learn CW. Or-the KX2 has a perfectly good built in
mic. I’m also sure you could adapt a different mic if you’re really in need of
one. As far as the complaint about Wayne posting his pedestrian mobile
activity..do you see the CEO of ICOM Yaesu or Kenwood posting about actually
using their products in a creative way?? This is what makes Elecraft such a
good company to support. Are there supply issues? Sure,and why have them
wasting time with constant updates that say nothing new? I’d rather have the
precious labor time used to address the actual issues. And lastly..maybe people
should just get outside and use the radios as they were intended. Better for
your mental and physical health instead of sitting around finding things to
nitpick about a small company trying to make innovative products. Tomorrow I’m
taking the KX2 and AX2 to Mary’s peak in the central coast range of Oregon.
Hiking and SOTA at 4500 feet. At age 71 I go slow but I’m going and boy a lot
more fun than sitting around reading emails or watching the tube.

Dan Presley 503-701-3871
danpresley@me. com
n7...@arrl.net