On 11/24/2022 8:45 AM, K9ZTV wrote:
Amen to everything Steve says.

Yes.

DJ0IP, who has done more practical research on off-center-fed dipoles than
probably anyone on the planet, has concluded they are fine up to 500-700 watts,
but problematic above that and not recommended.

Those conclusions are VERY strongly dependent on where the antenna is installed with respect to victim equipment, and what victim equipment is in the home.

In addition, almost anything fed by open wire line, especially OCF dipoles, are magnets for RX noise.

73, Jim K9YC

73,
Kent
K9ZTV