My knowledge is from being a windows user.  In windows when running audio
type digital modes there are 3 points of adjustment.  The sound card gain,
the software gain and the line in gaim.  On some external sound cards there
is also a pot to adjust one the sound card, that makes 4points.  And there
seems to be a sweet spot where they all work together and the power pops
right up there and other settings where it comes up gradually, for me that
seems to disappear after a transmission or two.  And it might take an
adjustment of one or more olf the settings to correct.  Especially after a
windows update.  When I installed the USB board I thought maybe that would
clear up, and maybe it did a bit, but I still have to tweak the settings
now and then.

--
Jim K0XU
j...@rhodesend.net