-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of n0evh
Sent: 18. elokuuta 2006 6:38
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Antenna wire question for long spans

I have an opportunity to put up an end fed long wire at our EOC for use on
40,
80 and 160.  The span distance is 270 feet, a real handy length for regional
communication on low bands.  Height will be about 65 feet.  We will tune it
remotely with an SGC tuner.  My concern is what type of wire will take that
long of a span and hold up to wind and ice we have here in the midwest.

Would appreciate comments from those who have had long spans of wire up in
the
air.

John N0EVH (Every Volt Helps)