Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 10:03:10 -0600
From: Alan Bloom<n...@sonic.net>
To:elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Where to put the wattmeter

I changed the Subject line since this is a new topic.

If the wattmeter (in this case the P3 sensor) is placed after the tuner
then it will read the SWR of the antenna.? To determine the net forward
power, just subtract the reflected power from the forward power.

To calculate reflected power, use the equation:

P(ref) = P(fwd) * [(SWR-1)/(SWR+1)]^2

Since the K3 and K4 already have a built-in wattmeter located before the
tuner, it makes sense to me to put the P3 sensor (or external wattmeter)
after the tuner so you can see what is going on with the antenna.

Alan N1AL