From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Gary Hembree
Sent: Tuesday, 23 May 2023 00:48
To: Elecraft List Server <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Rotary encoder

N5NA has written an excellent account of replacing the small push-button
encoders.

https://www.n5na.net/s9y/index.php?/archives/26-Replacing-Elecraft-K3-Push-Button-Encoders.html

I have replaced all of these encoders in several K3 radios over the past
5 years.  It is not a job for the faint-hearted. However, if you take your time
and cut the mounting pins of the encoders before you unsolder them, then you
will succeed.  Do not attempt to remove the LED board. Make sure you wick out
the mounting holes thoroughly or you will have difficulty installing the new
encoders.

Good luck

73
Gary, N7IR