I used a kx1, operating FD with emergency power (batteries internal to kx1).  I
used two sets of batteries.
The maximum output was 1.5 watts but after 2.5 hours of operating power output
dropped to .5 watts.  So, I used another set of fresh batteries to operate a
total of 5.5 hours. I made 70 contacts on 20m and 59 on 40m.  Of course I have
large antennas.
However, I was surprised by how well the receiver did using my home-station
antennas (yagis)! Dynamic range was not an issue but there was some I-F
"blowby," on very strong signals but many dB down from other signals.
...amazing performance for such a simple radio.
73. Will, wj9b

CWops #1085
CWA Advisor levels II and III
http://cwops.org/

    On Monday, June 26, 2023 at 08:59:45 AM MDT, Wayne Burdick