Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 02:05:33 -0400

From: Richard <flat...@comcast.net <mailto:flat...@comcast.net> >

To: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net
<mailto:elecraft@mailman.qth.net> >

Subject: [Elecraft] K3s Receive EQ

<mailto:f91ba8a1-d31d-4177-b845-98a44e1e7...@comcast.net> >

I love my K3s, warts and all, but I want a way to tailor incoming audio for
better readability in special cases. Yes, I know about the built-in
function, but that's hardly comfortable for quick, on-the-fly adjustments.

Can you recommend/suggest an outboard equalizer, ideally 8 bands, that can
be used to tune the headphone audio only?

1. This unit would be entirely external to the K3s, so its output level
would have to be sufficient to drive headphones.

2. This unit would ideally be 9" by 9" maximum and 8" by 5" minimum,
dictated by the available placement space in my station. There?s lots of
wiggle room here.

3. 12 volts DC is available to power it.

4. An in/out (inline/bypassed) switch is essential.

Links to look at would be great.

Fingers crossed ? VISA paid up and ready to rock and roll.

Cheers

Richard Kunc

W4KBX