Hi Folks,

I'm starting to experiment with external transverters with my KX3. Many of
them offer wider ranges than 4 MHz. My first one (in shipping) is
the UR3LMZ 28=>432 MHz transverter.

This one covers as much as 10 MHz with a 404 MHz LO (24 MHz => 428 MHz, 34
MHz => 438 MHz). Also the Q5 Signal transverters cover as much as 10 MHz.

It seems like when the KX3 is in transverter mode it can tune and
transmit above 436 MHz (32 MHz IF). An issue is that one can only get there
with the VFO. Direct frequency entry doesn't work and also upon leaving the
band and coming back, the frequency is reset to 432 MHz (28 MHz IF).  Full
power is available but I'm not sure how well the receiver works.

Has anyone found a way around this? Would this be a good "feature" to
request from the Elecraft team?

I find also that the KX3 tunes below 432 MHz but upon transmit it reports
"end of band". It seems like this should be straightforward to enable the
KX3 to operate below 28 MHz IF. Again - has anyone found a way around this?
Would this be a good "feature" to request from the Elecraft team?

Dave, N9DK