On 8/8/2023 12:16 AM, Jack Brindle via Elecraft wrote:
As contesters who wear headphones as much as 48 hours straight on weekends, we find comfort to be one of the most important assets of any headphone.
Here is the key!  K8JHR calls the CM500 earpads "flat and lack luster"
but they are larger than the majority of "on the ear" computer and
gaming headsets.  For many of us, the important attribute of a headset
is earphones completely surround the ear without placing excess pressure
on the side of the head, particularly on the temple pieces of glasses
while simultaneously providing modest isolation from room noises and
are not "heavy" on the top of the head and neck.

I know there are $300-$500 broadcast headsets (Beyer, Audio Technica,
Senheiser, etc.) but I for one certainly am not going to try multiple
professional headsets until I find one that is comfortable for even
six hours at a time.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV