Totally agree with Jack.  I've been using CM500s for over a decade.  I've replaced several but they used to be half the current price.  Nevertheless, I have a new pair still in the package as a back up. That said, since moving away from Elecraft they are not as easy to use. (One gripe about Kenwood, no rear-panel mic/phone jacks)

I tried the Koss version (dynamic).  They are not the same, I have a larger head and to get the earpieces centered over my ears the headband was smashed on top of my head.  I sent them back.

Wes  N7WS