Most of what you ask is performed by KAT500 Utility, not KAT500 Remote.
Both are free downloads but most of what you're interested in seeing is
accessible only when actually connected to a KAT500. Only one of those
programs can connect at a time, via a COM port. KAT500 Utility is a local
program. I run it on a shack computer at the remote site and access it
remotely via a remote desktop program. KAT500 Remote can operate either
locally or client/server. I run it C/S with the server side on that same
shack computer. See specific answers below; all the answers are Yes:

On Sun, Nov 19, 2023 at 2:21 PM W2HX <w...@w2hx.com> wrote:

> Hello there. I am not currently an owner of any elecraft product, but I am
> seriously considering a KAT500 for use with older analog radios. I hope
> this is the right place to ask because the elecraft website page for
> subscribing to this list (https://elecraft.com/pages/community) only
> mentions "KX1/K1/K2/K3/KX3/P3/KPA500" but here goes.
>
> I am interested in the native capabilities of the remote control software
> I looked on the elecraft website and only found this manual which only
> covers installation of the software:
> https://ftp.elecraft.com/KAT500/Remote%20Software/KAT500-Remote.pdf
>
> But I am interested in what screens are behind the buttons such as Power,
> Tune, Antenna, Mode, et. Al. But I cannot find any documentation beyond
> this installation manual. Does it exist? Or does someone know of a youtube
> video I can watch that goes through this program? I understand that many
> folks are using node-red for control of the KAT, but right now I'm looking
> to see the functions of basic application.
>
> Generally, I am wondering if the software supports:
>
>   1.  Setting the SWR threshold --  below which, the tuner will consider a
> tuning solution to be "done"

Yes - See Configuration tab, SWR Thresholds

>   2.  Once the tuning solution is found, the manual changing the L's and
> C's to fine tune the match as much as possible and then store to memory

Yes - See Operate tab, Capacitance and Inductance adjusters.

>   3.  Settings for which antenna should be used for which bands

Yes - See Configuration tab, Antennas

>   4.  Can an antenna be set for use with multiple bands (like OCF dipole)?
> Or only one band per antenna?

Yes, any antenna port can be assigned to any bands 160-6 via individual
check boxes or All. See Configuration tab, Antennas.

73,

/Rick N6XI

> Thanks very much!
>
> 73 Eugene W2HX