I remember those days. I still have my Heath SB-303 and SB-401 pair, both of
which run from 117VAC. I didn’t have to get a 12V supply until I started
upgrading back around 2000.
You might want to invest in a small Astron linear supply (or similar). You will
slowly start acquiring equipment that runs on 12 - 13.8VDC, so getting one now
would be a good thing.
What kind of things? I love my Heath HM102, but modern SWR/Power bridge meters
provide so much better info. This is just one example…

73!
Jack, W6FB